- This event has passed.
Canned Food Drive Begins
October 2, 2017
DC Ranch Gives is helping the United Food Bank provide food for Arizona families in need. Cans and nonperishable food items can be dropped off at Desert Camp Community Center, The Homestead Community Center, or The Ranch Offices on Market Street during business hours starting Monday, Oct. 2. through Friday, Nov. 17.
Monetary donations are also accepted via cash, credit card and checks. Please make checks out to United Food Bank. Every canned food donation provides four meals for hungry families. Tax receipts will be mailed from the United Food Bank.
Hunger Statistics in Arizona
- Currently, nearly 1 in 3 children, 1 in 5 Arizonans, and 1 in 7 seniors in Arizona live in poverty.*
- Arizona’s hunger rates are higher than national averages: 17.8% of Arizonans are food insecure, compared to 15.9% nationally, and 28.2% of Arizonan children face hunger,
- compared to 21.6% nationally.
- Arizona ranks third in the country for high child food insecurity rates, behind only New Mexico and Mississippi, with 456,760 children facing hunger on a daily basis.
- Two million Arizonans are considered working poor, living at or below the Federal Poverty Guideline. This is the majority of those served by the Food Bank’s emergency food box program.
- More than 40% of the households receiving emergency food assistance have at least one person who is working.
Find the list of the most needed items the United Food Bank needs here.
Help DC Ranch reach the goal of 1,000 cans of food!
Residents are invited to log in and register for events.