A joint committee of the Community Council, Ranch Association and Covenant Commission
Thank you for your interest in serving on the DC Ranch Community Council Sustainability Committee. We are seeking up to five resident volunteers who want to be part of this inaugural committee that will serve in an advisory capacity to provide guidance and counsel on sustainability initiatives and environmental practices for the governing bodies and community-at-large. Ideal candidates will be representatives of the community demographics and neighborhoods and preferably have expertise in one or more of the areas of engagement, which include:
- Routinely review, update and monitor adherence to the DC Ranch Community Standards that were designed to aid in the protection of the natural desert and surrounding landscape settings.
- Evaluate and recommend use of alternative energy sources and best practices.
- Recommend water conservation practices and programs for the organization and community.
- Foster partnership with the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy on joint programs.
- Engage with the City of Scottsdale on sustainability initiatives and best practices.
- Communicate to the community on environmentally practices and opportunities.
- Support compliance with local, state or federal requirements and best practices relating to sustainability.
- Consider, research, and evaluate new environmentally sustainable practices for the community.
This committee is advisory to the Council, Ranch Association, and Covenant Commission Boards, and works directly with Council staff. Terms are one-year. Meetings are at least quarterly.
Please submit your application by Jan. 17, 2023
"*" indicates required fields