- This event has passed.
Gives: Blood Drive
October 1 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
The American Red Cross has an ongoing critical need for blood donations. Blood is essential for surgeries, cancer treatments, chronic illnesses and traumatic injuries. Make a lifesaving appointment (ages 16+) conveniently located at The Homestead.
Facts about blood needs:
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood and or platelets.
- Nearly 16 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured; they can only come from volunteer donors.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- One donation can help save more than one life.