DC Ranch Neighborhood Park
DC Ranch Engagement Plan for DC Ranch Neighborhood Park – View here
[Latest Update click here]
What is needed for funding and completion of DC Ranch Neighborhood Park?
In 2003 and as part of its development agreement with the City of Scottsdale, DC Ranch LLC deeded approximately 14 acres of land to the City for the purpose of building the future DC Ranch Neighborhood Park. The land is at the southwest corner of 91st Street and Trailside View, just south of DC Ranch Crossing and Camden Foothills Apartments.
In 2020, and in conjunction with the Bell Road Sports Complex bond project, the City of Scottsdale began Phase One development of the park by designing and constructing a lake amenity. The approximately 2-acre lake will be accompanied by a pump house, picnic ramada, benches, and landscaping to include more than 60 trees, grass areas, pathways, and lighting. The lake is slated to open to the public in January 2022.
The City of Scottsdale has no plans to finish the park by funding and constructing Phase Two. The Community Council feels that DC Ranch residents will be better served with the entire park developed.
At its March 25, 2021 meeting, the Community Council board of directors approved an Engagement Plan for the Park, its objective is to work closely with, and advocate for, the City of Scottsdale to fund and fully develop the DC Ranch Neighborhood Park at the corner of 91st Street and Trailside View.
For this to happen, the DC Ranch Neighborhood Park must be included in the City of Scottsdale’s Capital Improvement Project (CIP) Budget.
This will not be an easy or fast process as the City plans its CIP five years in advance, and there is a lot of competition for funding projects desired by citizens throughout Scottsdale.
The timeline is as follows, with the expectation that dates are subject to change, and the actions and/or processes may be changed, added, or deleted to encourage success:
- Spring 2021 – Inform City staff of the Community Council’s desire to include the park in the CIP Budget.
- Fall/Winter 2021 – Allow residents the opportunity to experience Phase One of the park and encourage them to brainstorm amenities they would like to see in Phase Two.
- Winter 2021/2022 – Ask City staff to conduct community meetings to seek DC Ranch resident input on what amenities they would like to see added to the park in Phase Two.
- Winter 2021/2022 – City staff will update the Municipal Use Master Plan for the park to include a review by the public and providing a cost for the newly identified amenities.
- Spring 2022– Advocate with City staff and elected officials to include the funds needed to develop Phase Two of the park in the City’s CIP Budget.
- June 2022 – Scottsdale City Council votes on the CIP Budget.
- Beyond June 2022 – If needed, continue advocating until the project is put in the CIP budget. When successful, the Community Council will continue to work with the City of Scottsdale as it develops the park, to include monitoring the process, communicating updates with residents, and encouraging resident participation as appropriate.
How can residents engage?
DC Ranch residents will be encouraged to engage with City staff, the Scottsdale mayor and City council members on the park as the public process for inclusion into the City’s CIP Budget unfolds in the coming year. This will include providing the City with input on amenities that residents would like to see incorporated into the park’s design.
How will DC Ranch be involved?
The DC Ranch Community Council will monitor and participate in various meetings and conversations with the City of Scottsdale with the goal of getting funding for the Park’s completion (Phase Two) into the City’s Capital Improvement Budget.
The Community Council will provide updates to residents in the Newsworthy section of DCRanch.com. and through other DC Ranch communication outlets, to include notification of opportunities for residents to provide input to the City on their desire to see the project completed and weigh-in on park design.
April 26, 2021
The City of Scottsdale is currently constructing Phase One of the DC Ranch Neighborhood Park. Phase One consists of an approximately 2-acre lake accompanied by a pump house, picnic ramada, benches, and landscaping to include grass areas, more than 60 tress, pathways, and lighting. The lake is slated to open to the public in December or January.
The Community Council has informed City staff that DC Ranch residents will be better served with the entire park developed, and plan to advocate for Phase Two (final phase) of the DC Ranch Neighborhood Park to be included in the City of Scottsdale’s Capital Improvement Project (CIP) Budget.
This fall, residents will be asked to participate in meetings to clarify what amenities they would like to see developed in Phase Two of the Park. Residents will also be informed of opportunities to help advocate for the Park’s inclusion in the City’s CIP budget, when appropriate.
March 26, 2021
At its March 25 meeting, the Community Council board of Directors approved the Engagement Plan for the DC Ranch Neighborhood Park. The plan’s objective is to work closely with, and advocate for, the City of Scottsdale to fund and fully develop the DC Ranch Neighborhood Park at the corner of 91st Street and Trailside View.